20 Affirmations for your health & fitness goals.
*This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may make a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclaimer policy for full details
Use these 20 affirmations to help you transform your thoughts about eating and living healthy to reach your health and fitness goals.
1. What are affirmations & why they work
2. How to start using affirmations
3. How to write your own
4. List of 20 affirmations to get you started right now!
What are affirmations & why they work
Affirmations are the practice of positive thinking and self-empowerment. Affirmations are used by some of the most successful people, including Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith. Affirmations are not simply the act of speaking something but believing it. When you speak your affirmations they must be spoken with emotion and passion. We use affirmations to re-program ourselves for positivity and success. Think about it, when you’re unhappy with your weight, you talk negatively to yourself right? I shouldn’t have eaten that pizza, I am so fat and disgusting, why would anyone want me (these may sound harsh, but I have heard these various words from dear friends of mine, I have even talked negatively to myself in the past). Use affirmations to change how you talk to yourself, speak what you want into the Universe, and then live it.
How to start using affirmations
I highly recommend you recite your affirmations in the morning before life gets hectic. Choose which affirmations you are passionate about, or create your own (see below). Write them down and make sure you look at them and recite them daily. Say them with passion and excitement. Imagine what your life will be like when you’re reciting them. For instance, if you use “I have the energy to be active with my kids” think about how great it will be to feel that. Does that bring you joy? Tap into that joy when you recite these affirmations to give them power.
How to write your own affirmations
Maybe you want to create your own so they are very personal to you, here are a few tips to construct your own affirmations.
First, determine what you really want. Do you want to eat healthier, do you want to lose fat, run a marathon?
Next, Why do you want it? This one is huge you guys. If you have not read my 5 tips for jumpstarting your weight loss (you can find it here), I talk about finding your why. You have to really dig deep on this one because knowing your deepest why is what will help you push through the tough times. As a result, when you are tempted to hit the snooze button instead of getting up early to get your workout in, your why will motivate you to get your butt up. If your why is not deep enough, you will quit on yourself.
Lastly, what are you committed to doing? Are you committed to exercising and eating healthy? You cannot have a goal or affirmation to lose weight if you’re not willing to do what it takes to be successful Speaking the affirmation will not make it magically happen. Therefore, affirmations will change your mindset, but it is not a magic act that zaps the fat right off or cooks the healthiest meals (and makes them taste like pizza!) In other words, you still have to do that work.
You can learn more about affirmations and how to weave them into the perfect morning routine in one of my favorite books, “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod. He talks about affirmations in more detail and many more tools to help you become successful at reaching your goals.
It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief, once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.”-Muhammad Ali
20 affirmations for your health and fitness goals
1. I eat foods that nourish and heal my body
2. I eat foods that provide my body with energy and strength
3. I choose to live a healthy balanced life over-restrictive dieting
4. My body is strong and provides me with energy and support to get through my day
5. I am lean and strong
6. I am capable of crushing any goal I set for myself
7. I am dedicated to living a fit and healthy life
8. I have the energy to be active with my kids
9. I plan meals that nourish and heal my family
10. I am proud of my body for all it has been through
11. I am proud of my body for carrying 2 healthy babies
12. I love how I feel after a workout
13. I workout because I love my body
14. My body is getting stronger every day
15. I am strong
16. I am a role model for my children, to teach them how to care for their body
17. I feel fabulous in my clothes
18. I feel sexy when I am with my husband
19. My body deserves kindness and love
20. I love water, it refreshes and replenishes my body
Use this list to help get motivated. I would love to hear from you and any affirmations you loved or that worked for you.
Make sure you follow me over at Barbaracaseywellness on IG for the day to day stuff and to follow my own health and fitness journey!